Festive Leftover Recipes for Your Dog
Now that we’ve all enjoyed our Christmas dinners, chances are that you have plenty of delicious leftovers sitting in the fridge. Whilst you and your family couldn’t possibly face another turkey dinner, your dog wouldn’t say no!
Serve your dog up another treat this Christmas with an adaptation on our delicious ‘Festive Feast’ recipe:
- Olive oil
- 500g Turkey thigh mince (7%) or leftover turkey trimmings
- 200g Leftover cooked root vegetables (e.g. parsnips, butternut squash, sweet potato), finely diced
- 50g Cranberry, sweetened with natural juices such as apple, pineapple (NEVER sugar) or grated apple
- 25g Mushrooms
- 1 tsp of sage
- 1/2 Teaspoon of turmeric paste (Optional)
- A pinch of Chia seeds (If available)
All the ingredients included provide numerous health benefits for your dog!
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan on medium heat and add the turkey mince, cook until brown
- Next, add the vegetables and fry for 5 minutes
- Add the mushrooms and cranberries, followed by the sage, stirring well
- Take off the heat and stir in Turmeric paste and Chia seeds
- Serve warm whilst you tuck into your Christmas meal too!
Please note, this recipe although tasty and nutritious is not a balanced meal. Here at Different Dog, all our recipes are vet-approved, cooked by hand and developed with our pet nutritionist to ensure they are complete.
Alternatively, you could turn your Christmas leftovers into yummy treats for your pooch to enjoy!
Festive Pie Recipe
- 400g Festive Feast/Adapted recipe
- 200g Flour (Spelt or Plain)
- 120ml Olive Oil
- 1 egg
- Bun or tart tray
- Lightly grease the baking tray
- Make the pastry by putting the flour, oil, and egg into a bowl and mix well
- Put the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out
- Cut the dough into round shapes and line the tray
- Spoon the festive feast into each one and cover the tops with pastry or fold the edges of the pastry in
- Pierce each pie with a fork and place into a medium oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown
- Leave the pies to cool before feeding to your dog! They will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days
Make everyday like Christmas for your dog by starting our tailored plans here.