Sweet Potato Crunches
Our chef Charlie has been busy in the kitchen whipping up these delicious veggie based treats, celebrating the sweet potato. You may have seen us making them on Channel 4 with Clare Balding this year at Crufts!
They are so yummy and easy to make at home – here’s how…
You will need:
2 whole sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped)
1 large carrot, diced
1 handful of spinach (you can use frozen or fresh!)
Meat juice (leftovers from a roast dinner are perfect)
Let’s get cooking…
- Boil the carrots until they are soft
- Drain and mash, then set aside to cool
- Boil the sweet potato until soft, then drain
- Add the meat juices to the sweet potato
- Mash the potato
- Mix in the carrots, spinach and sweet potato
- Allow to cool fully – then prepare to get messy!
- Set the oven to 100 degrees Celsius
- Form the mixture into balls (you can use your hands for this bit)
- Place on to a baking tray lined with baking paper
- Place the tray in the middle of the oven and cook for 6 hours, flipping the treats over at the 3 hour mark
- The treats should be slightly chewy and crispy and ready to eat!