A Victoria Sponge
Inspired by the return of the Great British Bake Off and to celebrate the month of Macmillan World Coffee Mornings, we are sharing this delicious recipe from our nutritionist so your dog can enjoy some cake too!
For the cake you will need:
- 3 cups of gluten free flour (about 360g)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 3/4 cup of goats milk
For the frosting:
- 1 large pot of goats yoghurt
- vanilla extract
- Raspberries, blueberries, bananas and sunflower seeds to garnish.
Ready? Let’s go!
- To start, pre heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Line a cake tin with grease proof paper.
- Combine all your ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
- Pour the mixture in to the cake tin, and pop in the oven for 30 mins (you should be able to insert a tooth pick into the cake that comes out clean when cooked)
- Once cooked, leave on the side to cool for at least half an hour.
- For the frosting, simply whisk the yoghurt and vanilla extract together until light and fluffy.
- Time to decorate! You can get imaginative here, use your dog’s favourite fruits as the perfect topper to the delicious frosting. We used raspberries, blueberries, banana, sunflower seeds and chamomile flowers.
With thanks to our nutritionist Bianca for this wonderful recipe. If you have a go at making this for your dog, we’d love to hear! Tag us on social media, or email [email protected]